I received some requests from my friends to send them the Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe that I posted on Facebook on Sunday.
Actually this is a very simple recipe I created after reading a few on the web. Those on the web are usually creamy type and I wanted to make something less creamy as Ken prefers Chinese-style soup.
A hearty and healthy meal. Ken finished 90% of the food ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞
The below recipe is for one serving. I can't remember exactly how much water I put so here's the estimate and you can actually adjust when you are experimenting.
One spoon of chopped Onion
Half spoon of margarine
100gram of finely chopped broccoli
1 slice of cheddar cheese (cut it into small pieces)
50ml milk (it can be your baby's formula milk)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Melt margarine and add in chopped onion and fry until fragrant or the onion turns into very light yellow color
2. Add in water and and cook until boiling, then add in broccoli
3. Cook for about 5 minutes, add in milk and stir in cheese until melted
4. Cook with medium heat until the soup turns bubbly, add a pinch of salt and black pepper (optional)
5. If you prefer a creamier soup, just add in some corn flour
For those who would like to try creamy version which is suitable for whole family, you may visit Comfort of Cooking.