Saturday, August 23, 2014
Cake Pops Recipe- Using a Silicone Cake Pop Mould
As you can see from my Facebook and Instagram photos, I made this super colorful cake pops on last week. And some of you requested the recipe and thus I decided to share it here!
All you need is this silicone mould to make perfect cake pops!
I bought this silicone cake pop mould from a baking ingredient shop nearby my house.
Sticks for the cake
Sprinkles for decorating the cake pops!
I did not take any photos of the ingredients and the work-in-progress photo but the ingredients list is short and the steps are super easy to follow!
Here you go!
Salted Butter 100g
Self-raising flour 110g
Baking soda 2g
Vanilla essence 1/2 teaspoon
Chocolate buttons 250g
Vegetable shortening 4 teaspoon
Baking the cake
1. Whisk the softened butter and the sugar until you have a whitish cream.
2. Add the eggs one by one, leaving enough time between each for them to be fully incorporated in the mixture.
3. Add in vanilla essence.
4. Sift in the flour and baking soda. Mix until combined.
5. Place the bottom half of the mould (the one without holes). Scoop the batter into the holes until they’re full.
6. Gently secure the other half of the mould over the top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 Degree Celsius for about 15 minutes.
8. Cool the pops before removing them.
1. Place the chocolate buttons in a heat-proof bowl that fits snugly in a saucepan over a pot of lightly steaming water. The steam will slowly melt the chocolate. Suspend the bowl over the simmering water, but do not let the bottom of the bowl to touch the water. Contact with the water may cause the bowl overheated, burning the chocolate instead of melting it.
2. Melt the chocolate slowly over low heat. Stir with a metal spoon until melted.
3. When the chocolate is almost completely melted, remove from the heat.
4. If the chocolate is too thick, add in vegetable shortening or whipping cream and stir well until you get the runny texture. It helps the chocolate to stay glossy when it sets.
Coating and decorating
1. Remove the cake pops from the mould. Dip one end of the cake pop sticks into the melted chocolate and insert them into the cake pops. Allow them to set in the fridge for 5 minutes. See photo below.
2. Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate and use a spoon to cover them all over and leave to dry in the mould.
3. Sprinkle with decorations and you are done!
If you would like to watch the cake pops making process video, you can refer HERE. It's a Taiwanese show in Mandarin.
Who could resist this colorful and cheerful cake pops? I believe they will be gone in seconds!
Labels: Cooking and bakery